Here is the step by step recipe of choco lava cake. It can be made at home very easily. here i am showing Choco Lava Cake recipe in a cooking pot. You can make it in a oven or pressure cooker.
What is Choco Lava Cake?
Choco Lava Cake is a cake with spongy outer layer and an oozing chocolate inside. Choco lava cake or molten chocolate cake is a dessert made with flour , cocoa powder, chocolate(melted) , sugar , butter .
1/2 Cup – All purpose flour
1/2 Cup – powdered sugar
4 Table spoon – Cocoa powder
2 Tea spoon – Butter (at room temperature)
3/4 cup – Milk (at room temperature)
1/2 Tea spoon – Backing powder
2 Dairy Milk ( 52 gram pack each)
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cook time – 10/12 minutes
Choco Lava Cake Recipe –
- Take a cooking pot and spread some salt in it and place the stand inside it. place the lid and preheat the pot b/w medium to high flame for 10 minutes. To bake this cake in electric oven , preheat oven at 185 degree celsius for 10 minutes.
- Take 1/2 cup all purpose flour , add cocoa powder , powdered sugar , baking powder and sieve them well.
- Add milk in this mixture.
To make Lava –
- Melt the chocolate using double boiler method at low flame. flame should be low and stir it continuously otherwise chocolate will not melt and it end up becoming hard.
- Add butter and give it a good mix . keep stir till it melts.
Add this Lava to the batter we prepared before and mix it well.
Take the moulds and grease them with some ghee/butter. pour batter in them. fill them only 3/4. tap them to remove air bubbles.
Place moulds inside pot. place the lid and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Tips to make Choco Lava Cake –
- Milk , chocolate and butter should be on room temperature.
- flame should be between medium to high.
- Chocolate should be boiled using double boiler method at low flame.
- Don’t keep the mixture at rest after preparing , bake it instantly.