Sabudana Vada is a traditional dish from Maharashtra , India . Sabudana Vada is made of Sabudana ( Sago ) , potato , Peanuts and some Spices. Sabudana Vada is served with Curd , Green Chutney along with Tea. Sabudana Vada is generally a Snack but in some parts of India Vada is mainly a fasting Snack . Vada is served during religious festivals especially during Navratri .
What is Sabudana Vada ?
Sabudana Vada is a mouth watering snack made from Sabudana , Potato and peanuts . Sabudana Vada is a Vada with crispy outer layer and soft inside. here is the Sabudana recipe with step by step photos and video.
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
Cook Time – 20 minutes
Serving – 13 Vada
- Sabudana (Sago) – 1 Cup
- Potato – 3 medium size
- Peanut ( Roasted and Crushed ) – 1 Cup
- Raw Peanut – Half Cup
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Salt or Rock Salt – 1 tsp
- Green Chili – 3 Chopped
- Red Chili Powder – Half tsp
- Lemon – 2 tsp
- Coriander – Handful
Sabudana Vada Recipe Step by Step with Photos
- Rinse 1 Cup of Sabudana and soak for at least 3 Hours or overnight. after that drain the extra water and rest Sabudana for 1 hour.
2. Pressure cook 3 medium size Potato for 2- 3 whistles , peel them and mash well.
3. Roast half cup Peanuts for 5 minutes or until peanuts get golden and aromatic.
4. Once Peanuts get cool down , Grind them to a coarse powder.
Making Sabudana Vada
- In a mixing bowl add soaked Sabudana , 3 medium size boiled and mashed Potato and 1 cup Roasted and Crushed Peanut. mix them well.
- Now add 1 tsp Cumin ( jeera) , 1 tsp Salt , 3 finely chopped green chili , half tsp red chili powder , 2 tsp lemon , handful Coriander leaves and mix them well.
- Now add row Peanuts and form a dough.
- Grease hands with little oil and take a small portion of dough and give it a ball shape , similarly make all other balls from dough.
- now slightly flatten the balls to give them a shape of vada or patties.
- Heat Oil in a pan. slide vada in hot oil and fry them on a medium flame , stir occasionally until golden brown.
- Remove Vada from Oil and serve hot with green chutney and curd.
Tips for Sabudana Vada-
- To fry Sabudana Vada Oil should be hot and always fry Sabudana Vada on medium flame. if you fry Sabudana Vada on low flame they can break and become oily.
- To make Sabudana Vada , Sabudana should be of good quality. there are different kind of Sabudana , some soak up well just in 2 hours while others take more time . Sabudana should be soaked well to make perfect Sabudana Vada.
- Boiled Potato should not be soggy. Do not over cook Potato.